09 March, 2014

MWA@Meenakshi Amman Temple

MWA trip to Meenakshi Amman temple...
I've been yearning for a chance to sketch on location there....for a looooong time
Every inch of the temple is interesting
Madurai's Asset and Pride! Am Proud!

Appa and I went around the temple, then I sat comfortably in the corridor which surrounds the lotus tank and started sketching with my graphite pencils
Good that it was not as crowded as I thought it would be..
Some people and kids came nearby and smiled :) .... while a old lady applied kumkum on my forehead and blessed...

Welcoming Idols...
Yazhi...
A quicker sketch ....with  Black Charcoal and Hardtmuth red chalk
Yazhi...

 This sister seemed sad, in deep thoughts sitting near a pillar...
and when she peeped into my sketch book .... her face transformed into a smile and wondered... 'naana?!' (is that me?!)
Temple is the best soothing place
Certainly Meenakshi Amman temple is marked for multiple trips to sketch...


-Susithra Soodamani-

No comments:

Post a Comment